Spoiler: Mostly tech and cables
I like to travel light. I tend to try and only keep the devices and cables that I use everyday in my bag.
I got this a present a couple of years ago and have been using it every day since. Its light and although it has minimal laptop protection and pockets it does the job.
I write a lot of incomprehensible notes during the day. If I write something down however, I tend to remember it.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015):
The laptop with the best balance as far as I'm concerned. I've used a 15" in the past (too big) and a MacBook Air (not enough power). This is pretty portable and also pretty powerful. It handles most things I throw at it but its a little slow now when it comes to building iOS Apps from Xcode.
iPhone 7+ 128GB:
Best of the best right now. Really pretty large screen with a great battery life and excellent camera. Whats not to love. My favorite iPhone ever.
The 7+ has really made this iPad show its age, its on the way out when the new ones arrive. It's lasted years however, a great purchase it owes me nothing.
My test device, I use this everyday when building iOS Apps. I like to keep the last Apple supported phone in my bag. It allows me to build against it and know with confidence that the app is going to perform great on all devices it will be available on.
- MacBook charger with Twelve South PlugBug.
- Three lightning cables, you can never have enough of these.
- Apple watch charging cable.
- Terrible iPhone lightning dongle, awful little thing.
- Network cable, doesn't fit in my laptop not sure why I have it.
- Bose QC15's, I've had these years and they are brilliant, love them.
- Three pairs of Apple earpods, again you never know.
- Cheap bluetooth headphones in case I forget the dongle.
- Business cards.
- Bag from Offset 2017.
- Three other Apple Watch straps.
- Fishermans friends mints.
- Four microfiber cloths to keep everything clean.